Mission Statement & Strategic Directions
Our services and programs are guided by the library’s mission statement.
Spokane Public Library delivers high quality education for all – opportunities to read, to learn, and discover the world.
In accomplishing our mission we keep in mind certain values that contribute to creating an open and welcoming place where all people can use the services of the library freely.
- Free and open access to education and information
- A culture that fosters creativity and innovation
- Teamwork and collaboration
- The diverse nature of our community
- Responsible stewardship of public funds
Our Strategic Directions (.pdf) guide our work more specifically. The Strategic Directions work under the framework of the mission and values. The Library Board of Trustees approved the Strategic Directions at their December, 2013 meeting.