Need some advice on how to make storytime work in your household? Librarian Clara Strom provides some tips on how to make storytime enjoyable for the whole family. See all her tips here.
- Pick books you like! If you are excited about reading, they will be too.
- Make sure the illustrations are clear and not muddled.
- Make sure there isn’t too much text, especially when reading to a toddler or young preschooler.
- Stop and ask questions about the book. Explain a new word. This is called “dialogic reading”.
- Discuss the book when you are done.