Print this page
Programs: Computer Classes
The library offers various computer classes on a regular basis. Sign up starts two weeks before the class. Just call 444-5336 or the hosting library branch. Check our Calendar for dates and times.
- Computer Basics: No prerequisites. Objectives - Learn basic information about computers and have opportunities to practice what you learn. Learn about using a mouse and keyboard and how to use Microsoft Windows-based programs.
- Beginning Internet Explorer: Prerequisites - You should be able to navigate in a Windows environment, which includes using a mouse and scroll bars. Objectives - Learn basic information about the internet and how to use Internet Explorer to access it.
- Web Email: Prerequisites - You must be able to use a mouse, keyboard, and scroll bars, and be familiar with using a web browser. Objectives - Learn the basics of email, sign up for a web email account, check and send email, organize email, and protect yourself from unwanted email. You can sign up for email at the end of class if time allows.
- Smart Searching on the Web: Prerequisites - You should be able to use a mouse, scroll bars, and have some familiarity with web browsers. Objectives - Learn how to use subject directories and search engines, learn about the "deep web" and how to evaluate the websites you find.
- Budget Travel On the Web: Prerequisites - You should have some experience using a web browser. Objectives - Learn how to make the best use of internet resources when planning your next trip.
- Microsoft IT Academy - free access to Microsoft’s online courses for technology training and certification. Improve your job skills or learn basic or advanced computer and programming skills with classes on Microsoft Office, Windows Server, Visual Studio and other programs
- Gale Courses - an online, instructor-led learning course service, featuring courses on computer instruction. Sign up with your library card for free access to expert training for these six-week courses that start mid-month