Programs: Computer Classes
The library offers various computer classes on a regular basis. Sign up starts two weeks before the class. Just call 444-5336 or the hosting library branch. Check our Calendar for dates and times.
- Computer Basics: No prerequisites. Objectives - Learn basic information about computers and have opportunities to practice what you learn. Learn about using a mouse and keyboard and how to use Microsoft Windows-based programs.
- Beginning Internet Explorer: Prerequisites - You should be able to navigate in a Windows environment, which includes using a mouse and scroll bars. Objectives - Learn basic information about the internet and how to use Internet Explorer to access it.
- Web Email: Prerequisites - You must be able to use a mouse, keyboard, and scroll bars, and be familiar with using a web browser. Objectives - Learn the basics of email, sign up for a web email account, check and send email, organize email, and protect yourself from unwanted email. You can sign up for email at the end of class if time allows.
- Smart Searching on the Web: Prerequisites - You should be able to use a mouse, scroll bars, and have some familiarity with web browsers. Objectives - Learn how to use subject directories and search engines, learn about the "deep web" and how to evaluate the websites you find.
- Budget Travel On the Web: Prerequisites - You should have some experience using a web browser. Objectives - Learn how to make the best use of internet resources when planning your next trip.