Services: Examination Proctoring
Spokane Public Library provides long distance students with exam proctoring service at all of its branches. In offering this service we need to balance the needs of the students and the institutions with which they may be working and the needs of other library customers. We can usually meet all of the requirements for proctoring but we do have some limitations.
We will provide:
- Staff members who are authorized to provide proctoring
- Space for test taking. However, there may not be a separate quiet area available
- The ability to mail or fax a completed examination. Scanning of exams for e-mailing as an attachment is available only at the Downtown Library.
- The ability to complete most on-line testing. Online testing may be more easily accommodated at the Downtown Library than at the branch libraries.
The student will:
- Contact the library to make arrangements with the designated staff member
- Verify with library staff that the requirements of the institution giving the examination can be met
- Verify that the physical environment at the library meets test-taking needs
- Arrange for an accessible computer if needed
- Provide an appropriately sized, addressed envelope with required postage to return examination to the institution
- Or, provide a FAX number and/or email contact for alternate means of returning the exam. With some exceptions, we will not retain the original examination
For the Downtown Library contact Susan Creed, firstname.lastname@example.org, 509-444-5342
For the Shadle Library contact Jeff Benefield, email@example.com, 509-444-5390
For the South Hill Library contact Louise Sullivan, firstname.lastname@example.org, 509-444-5386
For the East Side, Hillyard or Indian Trail Libraries contact Dennis Bergstrom, email@example.com, 509-434-4824