Federal Government Health Sites
- Cancer Information Servicea program of the National Cancer Institute, provides information about cancer for patients, health professionals, and researchers.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention offers statistics, news, consumer fact sheets and other resources on diseases.
- First Gov Health and Consumer Safety, from the federal government, provides links to a variety of federal, state, and local health sites.
- National Institutes of Health offers information and links to the programs and institutes of the National Institutes of Health, the federal focal point for biomedical research in the United States.
- National Clearinghouse for Alcohol and Drug Information offers a wide-range of information about alcohol and other drugs including publications, research, statistics, resources, and referrals.
- United States Department of Health and Human Services provides access to the services and agencies that are part of this department of the federal government.
Medlineplus a best place for basic consumer health information on the Web, links to Clinical Trials and Senior Health.
- Single Citation Matcher to verify medical journal citations.
- Dirline: Directory of Health Organizations
- Household Products Database: Health & Safety Information.
- Tox Town: toxic chemicals and environmental health risks.