Health Internet Links
Tips on how to evaluate health information on the Internet are available from the National Network of Libraries Southern Region website.
- Web Sites You Can Trust from CAPHIS, the Consumer and Patient Health Information Section of the Medical Library Association. These sites have been reviewed by Health Sciences Librarians using criteria such as credibility, sponsorship/authorship, content, audience, currency, and disclosure.
- Healthfinder, a service of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, provides information from health dictionaries, encyclopedias and other sources on a variety of health subjects. The site provides links to many websites from government agencies as well as health organizations.
- HEALTHINFOQUEST from the National Network of Libraries of Medicine, offers tutorials on how to find medical information on the Internet.
- MayoClinic.com provides reliable, updated health information to patients.
- Medline Plus, from the National Library of Medicine, provides reliable consumer health information.