In November 2018, voters approved a $77 million bond to renovate 4 libraries and build 3 new libraries. Hillyard Library is the second library to be completed as part of this multi-year project. On September 2, we opened the brand new Hillyard Library at 4110 N. Cook Street.
The new Hillyard Library includes:
- Five meeting rooms, including a maker studio
- A children’s playspace called Mt. Shaw
- New technology and a custom collection
- All the friendly staff, computer access, and Seed Library you loved at the old Hillyard Library
All of this is located conveniently on the Shaw Middle School campus. We can’t wait for you to see it.
The Hillyard Library is currently open temporary hours, Monday-Friday from 10-4. Later this fall, we’ll introduce expanded hours so you can have even more access to the Library.
The new Hillyard Library features five free meeting rooms.
• 1 event space that seats 61
• 1 maker studio that seats 44
• 3 group study rooms, two of the rooms seat 9, one seats 6
You may reserve the meeting room online using your library card number and PIN.
Mt. Shaw Children’s Playspace
The new Hillyard Library features an innovative and whimsical children’s playspace! Curl up to read a good book and let your imagination soar at Mt. Shaw. The climbing structure is suitable for little ones aged 5-12, and there is a small space for our youngest visitors aged 3 months to 3 years, as well.
How to Find Us
Cook Street and the library parking lot are still under construction. To access the Library, we recommend parking in the Northeast Community Center parking lot and walking to the entrance to the Hillyard Library on the north side of the building.