Spokane Public Library strives to offer our customers access to new and emerging technologies to inspire a new interest in creation and collaboration.
You can print using our equipment!
When submitting your request, please keep in mind:
- Files must be .stl
- Print volume is 99375 cm3 (1206 in3) of usable space
- Please allow 1-2 weeks; you will be notified when print is completed Note: Due to high demand print time is taking longer, please allow 4-5 weeks for notification. Thank you for your understanding.
- SPL is not responsible for failed prints, but we will work with you to get the best print possible
- SPL reserves the right to refuse any 3D print request
- Customers may not use the printer to create objects that are:
- Prohibited by local, state or federal law
- In violation of another’s intellectual property rights; for example, materials that are subject to copyright, patent or trademark protection
- Unsafe, harmful, dangerous, or may pose an immediate threat to the well-being of others; for example, guns, knives, or other possible lethal weapons
- Obscene or otherwise inappropriate items for the library environment
3D printing is available thanks to a grant from the Spokane Public Library Foundation. SPLF enhances programming, services and resources offered by the Spokane Public Library through advocacy, partnerships and private dollars to ensure the library’s excellence.
3mm PLA (Polylactic Acid)PLA is a biodegradable thermoplastic that has been derived from renewable resources such as corn starch and sugar canes.
We print on a Lulzbot Taz5
The Print Area of the Taz5 is 290mm x 275mm x 250mm (11.4in x 10.8in x 9.8in).
Any item you want to have printed must fit within these parameters.