Updated 4/3/2020 11:00 am
Thank you for your continued patience and understanding as we work through our response to COVID-19.
Governor Inslee has extended the Stay Home, Stay Safe order for Washington through May 4th. As a result, all Spokane Public Library locations will remain closed until further notice. Additionally, regardless of when we reopen, all library programming for May and June is canceled. We will continue to monitor the situation and reopen as soon as it is safe to do so.
- All physical material due dates will be extended beyond May 4. We do not charge overdue fines.
- Book return drops are closed, please hold on to your materials until we reopen.
- If you had an item on hold or requested on hold, it will be held on our shelves for at least 7 days after we reopen.
The Library has many resources that you can access from home using your library card number and PIN. We are also providing programming on our YouTube channel and on our Blog. Stay safe and healthy, Spokane.
The library is committed to the health and safety of our customers and with sharing information, especially in times of emergencies. We’ve set up this page as a resource to help you find reliable and up-to-date information from local, state, and national resources about Coronavirus (COVID-19).
As new information emerges about COVID-19, it is important to remember that it is not connected to race, ethnicity, or nationality. Stigma will not help to fight the illness; however, sharing accurate information from trusted sources such as the following is critical to keeping misinformation at bay.
Reliable sources of information include:
- CDC website (https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/index.html)
- World Health Organization website (https://www.who.int/health-topics/coronavirus)
- Washington State Department of Health (https://www.doh.wa.gov/Emergencies/Coronavirus) or call 1-800-525-0127 and then press #
- Spokane Regional Health District (https://srhd.org/)
Reading List About Viruses and Pandemics, not specific to Covid-19
If the coronavirus outbreak has you wanting to better understand infectious disease, here are some titles that may help.