Each spring tax assistance is available at the library.
From February 1st to April 15th, if you are a low to moderate income wage earner you may qualify to have your taxes done for free. Spokane Public Library (Downtown) is one of Spokane County’s Tax Sites, which are sponsored by a community coalition under Spokane County United Way’s leadership.
For appointments call 509-353-4851.
Please call the Reference Desk at 444-5336 with questions about this service.
For additional tax-aide locations please visit Free Tax Preparation.
Appointments and walk-ins
Appointments will have priority over walk-ins. Walk-ins will only be accommodated on a space-available basis.
To schedule an appointment call 509-353-4851. This number is for all tax-aide locations, so please specify that you want your appointment at the Downtown Library.
What to bring
- Last year’s tax return
- Valid PICTURE identification
- All income statements, such as 2016 W-2s, 1098, 1099 forms for you and spouse.
- Social security card for each family member and working adult.
- Any forms 1095 – proof of health insurance.
- If Applicable
- Proof of other income for you or spouse.
- Form 1098T and education expenses for students.
- Childcare provider name, address and tax ID.
- Property tax information, if homeowner.
- Bank routing and account numbers for checking or savings account.