Digital Media: Streaming Children’s Books
Stream animated, talking children’s books from any internet-connected device.
TumbleBook Library includes children’s fiction, non-fiction, and foreign language titles, math stories, read-alongs, videos, TumbleTV (pre-set playlists of a sequence of books), puzzles, and games.
Explore the site by checking out all the books, games, and features. The catalog has book descriptions, book reviews, and author/illustrator/publisher information. You can view a TumbleBook by clicking on the ‘View Online” button or on the cover of the book.
There are a number ways you can access a book:
- The index page lists all the TumbleBooks. Click on the title (hyperlink) and you will be taken right to that TumbleBook.
- Scroll through the collection in any of the sections to read the descriptions and view the reading levels.
Tips for using TumbleBook Library:
- My Favorites: Add your favorite title(s) to the My Favorites section for easy access any time. This feature is cookied onto individual computers.
- Featured: Having trouble deciding what to read on a rainy day? Check out Featured to view books recommended by students, teachers, librarians, and TumbleBooks’ very own staff!
- TumbleSearch: The online search allows you to search by title, author, publisher, language, keyword, and reading level.
- Automatic/Manual Button: TumbleBooks are designed to be experienced in either automatic or manual mode. In automatic mode, the pages turn by themselves and are narrated; in manual mode, the readers turn the pages at their own speed.
- The Pause Button: Both the child and parent can use the pause button to stop the story at any time in order to practice story prediction, interpret pictures, discuss new vocabulary words, empathize with a character, discuss possible consequences of actions, encourage problem solving, or provide historical, geographical, or other perspectives.
- Reading Levels: Each title has recommended reading levels – Grade, Lexile and Accelerated Reader information. Click on the reading level to see other books at the same level.
- TumbleGames: The TumblePuzzles and TumbleGames are great educational tools.
- TumblePlayer: The TumblePlayer allows children and parents to preload a number of TumbleBooks in an online player in order to be played one after another. The TumblePlayer works just like an online music player.
- Language Learning: The Language Learning section has a growing collection of books in Spanish and French.
- Navigate en Español/ en Français: The drop down menu on the top right hand corner of the site allows you to view the entire site in Spanish or French.