Now through June 14, check out student created stained-glass artworks at Shadle Park, Liberty Park, Hillyard, and The Hive. This project came together through a collaboration with the groups below. You can also be a part of this project! Read on to see how it worked and how to take part.
Who contributed to this project?
- Students from the alternative high school, On Track Academy (OTA)
- Students from the art department at Spokane Falls Community College (SFCC)
- Spokane Public Library
- The public, and visitors to the libraries (you!)
How it came together and how you can participate?
- SFCC students create designs
- OTA students fabricate the stained-glass panels
- Spokane Public Library exhibits the panels
- You can bid on these beautiful pieces!
So, what are you waiting for? Go see these beautiful pieces of artwork at the libraries and then bid on them! All the money raised supports InvestED (an organization that has helped many of the students at On Track Academy and will support many more going forward!)
Join us at The Hive for a reception to celebrate the students and their artwork on June 14 from 5:30 – 7pm. Auction winners will be announced at that time and winners can claim their pieces.