Plastic Free July® is a global movement encouraging individuals to reduce their plastic use and be a part of the solution to plastic pollution. The goal? Cleaner streets, oceans, and beautiful communities. From humble beginnings in 2011, Plastic Free July is now one of the most influential environmental campaigns in the world.
Learn more about how to reduce your plastic consumption and take steps toward a zero waste lifestyle.
Join us at one of the following programs:
- Home Composting for Beginners | July 6 @ 6pm | Hillyard Library
- The Story of Plastic | July 12 @ 6pm | Liberty Park Library
- Panel Discussion: Recycling | July 14 @ 6pm | The Hive®
- It’s a (No Plastic) Wrap Party! | July 31 @ 12pm | Shadle Park Library
Read one of these great books:
Watch these noteworthy films:
- Bag It: Is your Life too Plastic? | Kanopy
- Frontline: Plastic Wars | Kanopy
- Oceans | Kanopy
- Plastic Planet | Kanopy
- Straws | Kanopy
- The Story of Plastic | Kanopy
Waste to Wearables Art Display
Visit our special art display, Waste to Wearables, on the second floor of Central Library featuring clothing made from recycled material created by a variety of artists including Violet Winfield, Margot Casstevens, Genevieve Arnold, Katie Creyts, Chris Lynch, and Kris Fiala. Here’s a sneak peek!